Thursday, August 6, 2009

red berry macarons

Aren't they pretty!? And I made about 16 on the first try. (I consider that successful after reading about the attempt's of others.) I made a strawberry-raspberry buttercream for the filling. I was feeling pretty smug about the whole baking process... that is, until I tried to get them off the parchment paper. They were glued, superglued, down. It took me over an hour to peel them off, with one out of every two going into the crumble bowl (still delicious, I will eat them all!) I'm not sure how to remedy my sticking/fragility issue, but it will be months before I attempt macarons again.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

tomorrow will be tasty

If all goes as planned, this weekend will be my first attempt at making french macarons. I've done a lot of research and bought a food scale so I'm really hoping for the best. I should go set out my egg whites! Pic from the beautiful and mouth-watering blog cannelle et vanille.